- -Butter 1 Cup
- -Sugar 1 Cup
- -Eggs 4 large or 5 small
- -Flour 2 Cups
- -Salt ½ tsp
- -Baking powder 1 tsp
- -Vanilla Extract 2 tsp
- -In an electric mixer, add butter and mix for 1-2 mins.
- -During mixing on medium speed, gradually add sugar and mix for 7-8 mins.
- -Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, mix for 2-3 mins.
- -In flour,add salt and baking powder,mix well.
- -Gradually add flour mixture in butter mixture and mix for 1-2 mins,beating just until combined (do not over mix).
- -Add vanilla extract and mix for 30 secs.
- -Grease pan with butter and sprinkle plain flour.
- -Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon.
- -Tap the pan against your counter top (tap-tap-tap-tap) to scare away any last few little air bubbles trapped within.
- -Bake in Pre-heated oven at 170 C for 40-45 mins.
- -Toothpick inserted in center should come out clean.
- -Remove the cake from oven, place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
RECIPE FOR CARAMEL:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
What is caramel?
Making caramel is like making candy, which is why it can seem intimidating—but it’s really not! So take a heavy thick base pot. Combine the sugar and water. start on a medium heat. DO NOT STIR let the water dissolve sugar. sugar crystals vanished, sugar turned into beautiful golden color.
How do I know when the caramel is ready to turn off the heat?
Here’s the easiest way to always remember when it’s done: You want the mixture to be a deeply golden color that resembles a copper penny. Once you see that, turn off the heat!
How does it become creamy?
After the sugar-water mixture is cooked, you stir in heavy cream, which is what makes it the caramel you know and love. Be careful! The sugar mixture will be VERY hot and this mixture always bubbles up, so use caution.
For the buttercream…
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter,
- 1 cup +1/4 cup icing sugar,
- sifted 1/4 batch of the caramel.
- Cut the butter into cubes and then beat it (by hand or with an electric mixer on a low speed) until soft.
- Beat in the icing sugar.
- Once the butter and icing sugar are fully combined, beat in the caramel sauce.
cut the cake into 2 to 3 layers, spread the 1/3 frosting on each layer, use a fork to create designs, cover sides and voila you are done! 🙂 🙂