- -Butter 1 Cup
- -Sugar 1 Cup
- -Eggs 4 large or 5 small
- -Flour 2 Cups
- -Salt ½ tsp
- -Baking powder 1 tsp
- -Vanilla Extract 2 tsp
- -In an electric mixer, add butter and mix for 1-2 mins.
- -During mixing on medium speed, gradually add sugar and mix for 7-8 mins.
- -Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, mix for 2-3 mins.
- -In flour,add salt and baking powder,mix well.
- -Gradually add flour mixture in butter mixture and mix for 1-2 mins,beating just until combined (do not over mix).
- -Add vanilla extract and mix for 30 secs.
- -Grease pan with butter and sprinkle plain flour.
- -Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon.
- -Tap the pan against your counter top (tap-tap-tap-tap) to scare away any last few little air bubbles trapped within.
- -Bake in pre-heated oven at 170 C for 40-45 mins.
- -Toothpick inserted in center should come out clean.
- -Remove the cake from oven, place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Chocolate Sweetened Condensed Milk Frosting
- 1 cup unsweetened baking chocolate roughly chopped
- half cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate in sweetened condensed milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Let cool before frosting.
Bake the cake in a rectangle wide dish . Cut that rectangle on half . Layer both half into two layers. Now you have four layers. trim edges if you like. Divide the frosting into 4 batches. place layer one spread frosting evenly and so on. spread frosting on top last layer leave the sides if you like. Sprinkle finely chopped dark chocolate on top. and you’r done! 🙂